Originally #1020, this car was part of an order for the first all-steel cabooses built for the KATY (note the riveted construction as opposed to welded) built by the International Car Company in December, 1949. The car originally had a standard cupola (no overhang), but in May 1981 the KATY sent it to the Denison, Texas, car shops where it was completely rebuilt and the wide-vision cupola added. The 212 was donated to the museum by the Union Pacific in 1990.

Return to the WFRRM Home Page.

Wichita Falls Railroad Museum